Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Editable Datagrid Dropdownlist error

Editable Datagrid Dropdownlist error

anon

Hi All,
I have an editable datagrid which i created using the example on 4 guys
from rolla
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/050801-1.2.shtml

in this example the dataview is used as a source for the ddl in the edit
mode, however is it possible to use just arrays, i tried having a
function which has an array list with values for the dll but that did
not work...
also, how to set the value field for the ddl when in edit mode....has
anyone made an editable grid along these lines....cud u plz post some
code to help me out...?
thanks
Ben

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

> I have an editable datagrid which i created using the example on 4 guys
> from rolla
> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/050801-1.2.shtml
>
> in this example the dataview is used as a source for the ddl in the edit
> mode, however is it possible to use just arrays, i tried having a
> function which has an array list with values for the dll but that did
> not work...
> also, how to set the value field for the ddl when in edit mode....has
> anyone made an editable grid along these lines....cud u plz post some
> code to help me out...?

Ben, I'm about to run off to bed, so I don't have the time right now to
delve into a thorough answer (or ask the appropriate questions), but if
you want to have a data-dependent DDL in a DataGrid, you might find it
easier to use Andy Smith's free BoundLookupColumn control -
http://metabuilders.com/Tools/BoundLookupColumn.aspx.

hth

--

Scott Mitchell