Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MS04-007

MS04-007

Lakis Athanasiou

Hi,

We have a Windows 2000 Server that is running IIS5 and .NET Framework 1.0.
Everything was fine until we applied on the server the "Microsoft Security
Bulletin MS04-007 ASN.1 Vulnerability Could Allow Code Execution (82802
patch from Microsoft?". After that was applied, we started experiencing
repeated problems as far as resources is concerned. The aspnet process would
hang and eventualy recycle as a result of either huge memory consumption
(over 690 MB) or CPU percentage (100%). I have searched the Microsoft site
but there is nothing implying that this patch would cause any kind of
problem although a search in the google groups shows a number of people
having similar problems. Noone however has posted any solutions. Has anyone
got any ideas?

Thanks