Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > joining 3 tables in dataset

joining 3 tables in dataset

Artur Niesporek

hi

my problem is that i have to load 3 different tables from different databases into one dataset and do a join on all. i loaded all tables into one dataset and created datarelations between the 3 tables. now i am looking for a way to do a join between all those tables so that i will be able to databind the result to a datagrid

the tables are somewhat of these values

table1 table2 table
code_id --- code_id rat
somevalue rate_id --- rate_i
somevalu

the relationships between the tables are: table1 <-> table2 1:1 and table2 <-> table3 1:1

any hints would be appreciated

thank
artur

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

you cannot join tables because this functionality is not provided. However,
you can define table relationships between these tables or if you want to
look up data, you can search with restrictions.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Artur Niesporek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
>
> my problem is that i have to load 3 different tables from different

databases into one dataset and do a join on all. i loaded all tables into
one dataset and created datarelations between the 3 tables. now i am looking
for a way to do a join between all those tables so that i will be able to
databind the result to a datagrid.

> the tables are somewhat of these values:
>
> table1 table2 table3
> code_id --- code_id rate
> somevalue rate_id --- rate_id
> somevalue
>
> the relationships between the tables are: table1 <-> table2 1:1 and table2

<-> table3 1:1.

> any hints would be appreciated!
>
> thanks
> artur

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi artur,

Does Alvin's reply makes sense to you? Do you still have any concern?

Please feel free to feedbac, we will help you. Thanks

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Artur Niesporek

sorry for the delayed feedback but i was out of office the last few days

i was searching once again on the web and found the following kb-article for creating a join-helper class at the following url: http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;EN-US;32608

i will try it this way. if i have any further questions i will let you know

regards, artu

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi artur,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, the technical this article shows is the best way to handle this issue
now. Anyway, if you meet any further problem on this issue, please feel
free to feedback, I will help you. Thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi artur,

Does this KB's solution works for you? Do you still have any concern?

Please feel free to let me know, I will help you. Thanks

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Joining tables from 2 datasets Peter ASP .Net 4 06-08-2009 03:27 PM
joining two tables AVL ASP .Net 1 07-23-2008 09:34 PM
Trouble joining 3 tables JJ297 ASP .Net 5 08-24-2007 06:48 PM
joining tables or view =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNb29yZQ==?= ASP .Net 0 07-07-2005 12:03 AM
Need help with joining, mixing and shaking two tables ... Christian Computer Support 4 04-08-2004 11:54 AM

Advertisments