Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Ading vertical rows for datagrid control ... ?

Ading vertical rows for datagrid control ... ?

Jimmy

Is it possible to have a data grid control with vertical row when I am not
opted for paging ? If so, how to achieve it ?
Thanks,
Jimmy

Jimmy

sorry,
I mean vertical scroll bar.

"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uyTlzSY%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to have a data grid control with vertical row when I am not
> opted for paging ? If so, how to achieve it ?
> Thanks,
> Jimmy

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

this behavior is not supported out of the box. you can get around this by
wrapping the datagrid into a div tag and setting the overflow property of
the grid tag to auto or some appropriate value

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OaAjXBZ%(E-Mail Removed)...
> sorry,
> I mean vertical scroll bar.
>
> "Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uyTlzSY%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it possible to have a data grid control with vertical row when I am

not
> > opted for paging ? If so, how to achieve it ?
> > Thanks,
> > Jimmy

Marshal Antony

Hi Jimmy,
As Alvin pointed out,if you want a scroll bar for the datagrid you can put a
DIV around it with the style overflow : auto
Here is an eg:
<DIV id="griddiv" style="DISPLAY: inline; Z-INDEX: 101; OVERFLOW:
auto; WIDTH: 950px; ">

put your datagrid here
</DIV>
HTH