Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Datagrid & Javascript

Datagrid & Javascript

Andre

Hi,

I need some (maybe more) help with my code.

The problem is :

I use a Datagrid to display some product choice to our customer. On each
line a have a checkbox to select the product. But the problem is here.

- When the customers arrive, only the first checkbox is Enabled, and
if they chose the first product all the other become Enabled.
- On another page, when the customer select the first and at least 2
others product i display a table (hidden) with some "additional" product to
select

Everything work fine, with Autopostback set to true on my checkbox, but
the problem is that each time a customer check a checkbox the code is sent
to the server, and back to the browser. So to manage all the product and
checkbox, the customer will load a huge amount of page.

So did someone know a place where i can find some example, tutorial
where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript (is it
possible ?) for a javascript newbie.

Thank you.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eQxSmB%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I need some (maybe more) help with my code.
>
> The problem is :
>
> I use a Datagrid to display some product choice to our customer. On

each
> line a have a checkbox to select the product. But the problem is here.
>
> - When the customers arrive, only the first checkbox is Enabled,

and
> if they chose the first product all the other become Enabled.
> - On another page, when the customer select the first and at least

2
> others product i display a table (hidden) with some "additional" product

> select
>
> Everything work fine, with Autopostback set to true on my checkbox,

but
> the problem is that each time a customer check a checkbox the code is sent
> to the server, and back to the browser. So to manage all the product and
> checkbox, the customer will load a huge amount of page.
>
> So did someone know a place where i can find some example, tutorial
> where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript (is

it
> possible ?) for a javascript newbie.
>
> Thank you.

Andre

no, the problem still present.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> Got tidbits? Get it here...
> http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> "Andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eQxSmB%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need some (maybe more) help with my code.
> >
> > The problem is :
> >
> > I use a Datagrid to display some product choice to our customer. On

> each
> > line a have a checkbox to select the product. But the problem is here.
> >
> > - When the customers arrive, only the first checkbox is Enabled,

> and
> > if they chose the first product all the other become Enabled.
> > - On another page, when the customer select the first and at

least
> 2
> > others product i display a table (hidden) with some "additional" product

> > select
> >
> > Everything work fine, with Autopostback set to true on my checkbox,

> but
> > the problem is that each time a customer check a checkbox the code is

sent
> > to the server, and back to the browser. So to manage all the product and
> > checkbox, the customer will load a huge amount of page.
> >
> > So did someone know a place where i can find some example, tutorial
> > where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript

(is
> it
> > possible ?) for a javascript newbie.
> >
> > Thank you.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

> > > So did someone know a place where i can find some example,
tutorial
> > > where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript

> (is
> > it
> > > possible ?) for a javascript newbie.

you can start here for a tutorial
http://developer.irt.org/script/script.htm

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
"Andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OXpYO$(E-Mail Removed)...
> no, the problem still present.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
> > Got tidbits? Get it here...
> > http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
> > "Andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:eQxSmB%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I need some (maybe more) help with my code.
> > >
> > > The problem is :
> > >
> > > I use a Datagrid to display some product choice to our customer.

On
> > each
> > > line a have a checkbox to select the product. But the problem is here.
> > >
> > > - When the customers arrive, only the first checkbox is

Enabled,
> > and
> > > if they chose the first product all the other become Enabled.
> > > - On another page, when the customer select the first and at

> least
> > 2
> > > others product i display a table (hidden) with some "additional"

product
> > > select
> > >
> > > Everything work fine, with Autopostback set to true on my

checkbox,
> > but
> > > the problem is that each time a customer check a checkbox the code is

> sent
> > > to the server, and back to the browser. So to manage all the product

and
> > > checkbox, the customer will load a huge amount of page.
> > >
> > > So did someone know a place where i can find some example,

tutorial
> > > where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript

> (is
> > it
> > > possible ?) for a javascript newbie.
> > >
> > > Thank you.

Re: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column Brian K. Williams ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:35 PM
RE: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNo?= ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:31 PM
datagrid in datagrid BK Kim ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:34 AM
Call Datagrid Command column outside datagrid Dave ASP .Net 0 11-20-2003 11:11 AM