Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Respond to DropDownList control Event in DataGrid

Respond to DropDownList control Event in DataGrid

Ali

I am adding a DropDownList control to my DataGrid footer template. I load
my DropDownList using a function that returns an arrayList. I can see all
my items in the DropDownList, but when I select an item from the list, I am
unable to trap the DropDownList SelectedIndexChanged event.

This is a snippet of my DataGrid:

<asp:TemplateColumn>
<ItemTemplate>
<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "State") %>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
<aspropDownList id="dropDownListState"
DataSource="<%#Load_DropDownListState%>"
OnSelectedIndexChanged="dropDownListStateHandler" AutoPostBack="True" />
</FooterTempalte>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

NOTE: Even the DataGrid ItemCommand event does not fire up when I change the
index on my DropDownList control. I was hopping I can do something like
finding the control inside the ItemCommand Handler " dropDownListState =
myDataGrid.FindControl("dropDownListState").

Please help.

Ali

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I noticed your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"Ali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am adding a DropDownList control to my DataGrid footer template. I load
> my DropDownList using a function that returns an arrayList. I can see all
> my items in the DropDownList, but when I select an item from the list, I

am
> unable to trap the DropDownList SelectedIndexChanged event.
>
> This is a snippet of my DataGrid:
>
> <asp:TemplateColumn>
> <ItemTemplate>
> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "State") %>
> </ItemTemplate>
> <FooterTemplate>
> <aspropDownList id="dropDownListState"
> DataSource="<%#Load_DropDownListState%>"
> OnSelectedIndexChanged="dropDownListStateHandler" AutoPostBack="True" />
> </FooterTempalte>
> </asp:TemplateColumn>
>
> NOTE: Even the DataGrid ItemCommand event does not fire up when I change

the
> index on my DropDownList control. I was hopping I can do something like
> finding the control inside the ItemCommand Handler " dropDownListState =
> myDataGrid.FindControl("dropDownListState").
>
> Please help.
>
> Ali

Ali

No, I have not. I decided to pull the dropDownList control from the footer
template. I am using the DropDownList is used for filtering.

Thanks
Ali
news:(E-Mail Removed)...