Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Q: Default columns appear at runtime

Q: Default columns appear at runtime

David Carr

Hi all,

I dropped the DataGrid control onto my ASPX page, and it automatically
appeared with the 3 default columns having headings of {Column0, Column1,
Column2}. I then added my own columns using the property builder, however
these 3 default columns still appeared in the Design view of the ASPX page
although they do not appear in the Property Builder (nor when looking
directly at the HTML). Lastly, they also do strange things to the data at
runtime when it is bound to a DataTable.

Any ideas on how to get rid of these default 3 columns?

Cheers,
David

David Carr

Posted here to help all, I solved the problem.

In the Property Builder and Columns set of options, uncheck the 'Create
columns automatically at run time' checkbox.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...