Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Events that did work are not firing now

Events that did work are not firing now

Brad Simon

Hi all,

I have a couple of pages that use a mix of paging,
update, and delete commands. Previously they were
working just fine. I am not sure when, but they just
stopped working.

When I look at the page, there is a javascript error:
Line 118
Char 28
Error: Expected ';'
Code: 0

Here is the section of code it is referring to:
<script language="javascript">
<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
{
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase
().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
theform = document.forms
["_ctl4:Quotes"];
}
else {
theform = document._ctl4:Quotes;
}
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value =
eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value =
eventArgument;
theform.submit();
}
// -->
</script>

Line 118 is:
else {

I have this problem on 2 different sites, 2 completely
different pages, but the exact same error.

Basically, the JavaScript Error does not allow the event
to fire off, since it doesn't know what to do. I have
not changed or added any new Javascript on either page.
In fact there is little or no other javascript in or
referenced from wither of the pages.

Is this a bug in the datagrid?

Brad Simon.