Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > DataGrid Disappears when I click on Edit

DataGrid Disappears when I click on Edit

Josh Behl

In my test environment my datagrid is working is just fine. I have multiple
template columns and I am not using paging. When I move the datagrid into
production, the datagrid populates but it then disappears when I click on
the edit or delete button. Does anyone have any ideas or have run into this
before?

Oleg Ogurok

It seems you forget to call .DataSource and .DataBind() on your grid. This
is necessary when you're switching between normal and edit modes because
your grid gets regenerated with different controls. For example, in Normal
mode you may use Labels, and in Edit mode, TextBoxes and CheckBoxes.

-Oleg.

"Josh Behl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my test environment my datagrid is working is just fine. I have

multiple
> template columns and I am not using paging. When I move the datagrid into
> production, the datagrid populates but it then disappears when I click on
> the edit or delete button. Does anyone have any ideas or have run into

this
> before?

josh behl

I understand what you are suggesting however my grid was working in my
testing environment just fine without taking this approach. The exact
same code just doesn't seem to work in my production environment. There
must be some sort of a configuration that I need to have to get this to
work properly.

jjbehl