Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > How to select all or deselect all checkboxes in datagrid...

How to select all or deselect all checkboxes in datagrid...

Al Knowles

This does not work....

Sub SetCheckBoxValues(ByVal ab_on_off As Boolean)

Dim ditem As DataGridItem
Dim ckbx As CheckBox

For Each ditem In DataGrid1.Items
ckbx = CType(ditem.Cells(0).Controls(1), CheckBox)
If ab_on_off Then
ckbx.Checked = True
Else
ckbx.Checked = False
End If

ditem.Cells(0).Controls(1) = ckbx
Next

End Sub

...because property "item" is read-only.

Is there a way to accomplish my objective without javascript? (Only
because I don't know my way around in javascript! But I'll accept
javascript examples if that's all there is...)

Please advise.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.