Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Datagrid inside a datagrid?

Datagrid inside a datagrid?

Jason

Hi

Ok so i have a dataset with 3 data tables in it. I would like to be able to
represent this data in the best way possible. the three datatables have
relations. Although i havent created any such programmatical relationships,
the tables are related.

My initial thoughts were to have 1 parent datagrid with child datagrids
inside the parent datagrid to display this information. How would i go about
doing this? and perhaps there are easier or better ways?

Thanks
Jason

Alvin Bruney

Have you stopped to consider how confusing that would be to a user seeing
three nested levels of datagrids? That's information overload. One
suggestion is to provide a drill thru link that can take the user one level
down if they needed to. Try to keep it simple instead of going for the wow
factor.

regards

--

-----------
Got TidBits?
"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Ok so i have a dataset with 3 data tables in it. I would like to be able

> represent this data in the best way possible. the three datatables have
> relations. Although i havent created any such programmatical

relationships,
> the tables are related.
>
> My initial thoughts were to have 1 parent datagrid with child datagrids
> inside the parent datagrid to display this information. How would i go

about
> doing this? and perhaps there are easier or better ways?
>
> Thanks
> Jason

Steve

Tried this http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;306154?

Regards,
Steve

PS I'd agree with Alvin that three levels is probably a level too far!