Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Recreate dataview/datatable/dataset from Datagrid

Recreate dataview/datatable/dataset from Datagrid

Zachary Heilman

I've loaded a text file to a dataset and then bound it to a Datagrid.
There isn't much data, but there are two related tables in the file.
Instead of repopulating the dataset and comparing changes to the
datagrid I would like to keep it disconnected and just repopulate a
datatable from the Datagrid post back's viewstate. I've come up with
several options, but none are too good. I'm using a strong typed
dataset to populate the Datagrid and I would like to repopulate it
with the datagrid data on postback. However, I am trying not to use a
session variable of the Dataset. Can anyone post an example of
recreating a dataview/datatable from the datagrid postback (maybe
using enumeration and looping through the grid?).