Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > datagrid control not displaying certain text with <brackets>

datagrid control not displaying certain text with <brackets>

Michael Evanchik

im trying to insert a word enclosed in brackets but only shows up
blank on the webpage. My database holds "<microsoft> security" but
the cell in the grid showes
" security" Whats up? What can I do so this will display?

Darrin J Olson

The browser will see this as an HTML tag.

Try using: &lt;microsoft&gt;

instead of <microsoft>

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/