Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Keyup, KeyDown, and KeyPress events for a datagrid do not work. URGENT !!!!

Keyup, KeyDown, and KeyPress events for a datagrid do not work. URGENT !!!!

Chris Calhoun

Here are the three event handlers I am trying to catch the key events, but
they do not work.
private void dgResults_KeyDown(object sender,
System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e) {
MessageBox.Show("Key Down!");
}
private void dgResults_KeyPress(object sender,
System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs e) {
MessageBox.Show("Key Pressed!");
}
private void dgResults_KeyUp(object sender,
System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e) {
MessageBox.Show("Key Up!");
}

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Chris,

In an HTTP application, you are in a stateless environment. Therefore,
when the user of your application hits a key on their keyboard, there is no
way for the application running on the Web server to know this.

If you want to capture keyboard events, you will need to write client-side
code.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET

--------------------
>From: "Chris Calhoun" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Keyup, KeyDown, and KeyPress events for a datagrid do not work.

URGENT !!!!
>Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:37:39 -0400
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridc ontrol:6992

>Here are the three event handlers I am trying to catch the key events, but
>they do not work.
>private void dgResults_KeyDown(object sender,
>System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e) {
>MessageBox.Show("Key Down!");
>}
>private void dgResults_KeyPress(object sender,
>System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs e) {
>MessageBox.Show("Key Pressed!");
>}
>private void dgResults_KeyUp(object sender,
>System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e) {
>MessageBox.Show("Key Up!");
>}

Catching keypress events on List Controls kferron ASP .Net Mobile 0 12-17-2004 05:27 PM
datagrid events-urgent =?Utf-8?B?cmVpa3M=?= ASP .Net 1 02-03-2004 12:47 PM
keyPress events CJ Javascript 1 12-09-2003 03:08 PM
KeyPress Events in IE Ron Brooks Javascript 4 10-08-2003 06:25 AM

Advertisments