Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Accessing datagrid footer

Accessing datagrid footer

Mikie

There is probably a simple answer to this question - using code
behind, in my a grid itemcommand event I need to reference cells in
the footer row. The footer is not bound to any fields and this
apparently keeps me from being able to reference it using the
grid.items collection.

My process flow is

user clicks a button control that's in a cell in a grid row. In the
ItemCommand event code, I want to take the values from several cells
in the clicked row and move them to cells in the footer for editing.

I know how to get the values from the clicked row, but I don't know
how to get a reference to the footer inside the ItemCommand event.

I've been beating my brains out on this one. Any comments or
suggestions will be much appreciated.

Saravana [MVP]

If you try to access through grid.items it wont give you access to footer
item. To access footer item, you need to access it through
grid.controls(0).controls.

--
Saravana
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

"Mikie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> There is probably a simple answer to this question - using code
> behind, in my a grid itemcommand event I need to reference cells in
> the footer row. The footer is not bound to any fields and this
> apparently keeps me from being able to reference it using the
> grid.items collection.
>
> My process flow is
>
> user clicks a button control that's in a cell in a grid row. In the
> ItemCommand event code, I want to take the values from several cells
> in the clicked row and move them to cells in the footer for editing.
>
> I know how to get the values from the clicked row, but I don't know
> how to get a reference to the footer inside the ItemCommand event.
>
> I've been beating my brains out on this one. Any comments or
> suggestions will be much appreciated.

Accessing the DataList footer in ASP.NET amiga500@gmail.com ASP .Net 3 10-16-2007 04:31 PM
Accessing GridView footer paging elements DMC ASP .Net 1 01-16-2007 04:57 AM
Any way to reorder how a datagrid is drawn (header/footer/items vs.header/items/footer)? Henrik ASP .Net Datagrid Control 1 07-06-2006 12:23 AM
Accessing a Footer Jim Heavey ASP .Net 1 11-21-2003 03:33 AM
Accessing controls within a datalist footer template Paul Maidment ASP .Net 1 08-07-2003 04:39 PM

Advertisments