Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Syntax Highlighting / Code Completion for non-compiled apps

Syntax Highlighting / Code Completion for non-compiled apps

=?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?=

I am currently creating a compile on demand asp.net application because I need to query a database and return only an xml string using Response.Write, but visual studio wont colour or give me intellisense in a .aspx file that doesn't have code behind

I assume there is no way to make it do that, but I would like to know for sure. The documentation for asp.net shows how to make compile on demand apps but it appears that visual studio doesn't cater for people who write this kind of code

Am I correct? If not, how do I do it?

Martin Dechev

When you are writing code Intellisense is not supported for what is called
Single-File Web Forms Pages. See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...sCodeModel.asp

Greetings
Martin
"BLiTZWiNG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am currently creating a compile on demand asp.net application because I

need to query a database and return only an xml string using Response.Write,
but visual studio wont colour or give me intellisense in a .aspx file that
doesn't have code behind.

> I assume there is no way to make it do that, but I would like to know for

sure. The documentation for asp.net shows how to make compile on demand apps
but it appears that visual studio doesn't cater for people who write this
kind of code.

> Am I correct? If not, how do I do it?

Patrice

Additionaly note that you can use code behind and response.write. Just
delete the whole HTML code (and not the directive).

Patrice

"BLiTZWiNG" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am currently creating a compile on demand asp.net application because I

need to query a database and return only an xml string using Response.Write,
but visual studio wont colour or give me intellisense in a .aspx file that
doesn't have code behind.

> I assume there is no way to make it do that, but I would like to know for

sure. The documentation for asp.net shows how to make compile on demand apps
but it appears that visual studio doesn't cater for people who write this
kind of code.

> Am I correct? If not, how do I do it?

=?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?=

Ooh thanks Patrice, I will give that a shot. Thanks to Martin for the link too.