Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > Separator in DataGrid

Separator in DataGrid

Oleg Ogurok

Hi all,

How can I make use of ListItemType.Separator with DataGrid? I can't seem to
find where to enable it or set its format. Thanks.

-Oleg.

Oleg Ogurok

I'm trying to implement sub-total rows, and I was thinking about using
separators for that. Is there a way?

-Oleg.

"Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com > wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> datagrid don't contain separators. what are you trying to do?
>
> "Oleg Ogurok" <(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote in
> message news:3f4b0$3f3a5dbc$825ec943$(E-Mail Removed)-service.com...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How can I make use of ListItemType.Separator with DataGrid? I can't seem

> > find where to enable it or set its format. Thanks.
> >
> > -Oleg.

Alvin Bruney

you can do the same with a row or two.

if row 1 thru 10 has your items and you need a subtotal on row 11, remove
all of the cells except the first one in row 11. then use the first cell's
rowspan property to stretch from one end of the grid to the other. add
"-----" to the text property of that spanned cell. this will create a totals
effect. on the 12 row, use the dataset's compute property to total rows 1
thru 10 and stick the result in row 12 underneath the "--------"
your grid would look like
[snip]
10
---------
55

roughly
happy camping

"Oleg Ogurok" <(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote in
message news:zDN_a.76$(E-Mail Removed)...