Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Datagrid Control > OnItemCreated and OnItemDataBound called too many times?

OnItemCreated and OnItemDataBound called too many times?

Pete Coolidge

Has anyone run into the problem where OnItemCreated and/or OnItemDataBound
is called twice as many times as necessary?

If I have a grid with 4 rows of data I would expect these methods to be
called 6 times each (including calls for header and footer).

I often see 8 calls (not including the additional calls for the header and
footer). I don't have AlternatingItems turned on.

These extra calls screw up my rowIndex counter that I use to keep track of
and add attributes to each row.

I haven't been able to narrow down when exactly this happens. It seems very
random. I'm just wondering if anyone has run into this before.

Thanks,
Pete