Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > LoadPostData and postCollection not returning the updated values for DropDownLists

LoadPostData and postCollection not returning the updated values for DropDownLists

Nathan Sokalski

I have a custom control that inherits CompositeControl implements
IPostBackDataHandler and ICallbackEventHandler. In the LoadPostData
function, I attempt to use the postCollection parameter to get the data
posted by the child controls created in CreateChildControls. In the
PreRender event, I add onchange attributes to the DropDownLists with a value
created using the Page.ClientScript.GetCallbackEventReference. When one of
my DropDownLists triggers this callback and the LoadPostData function is
called, the postCollection parameter does not have the newly selected value
for the DropDownList. What can I do to get the newly selected value of the
DropDownList? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/