Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > upgraded project to VS2008 erroring in design view

upgraded project to VS2008 erroring in design view

Kenneth.Grubb

Hello,

I recently upgraded an enterprise web application from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5.
It has gone very smoothly except for design view.

In design view, none of our custom controls are rendering correctly. I get
an error message on each of the controls stating "Error creating control -
Cannot find web project item 'C:\AIMS\Web\BlackJack\Matter_Create.aspx'

The path given in the error message is incorrect. It is missing a folder.
It should be 'C:\AIMS\Web\BlackJack\Matters\Matter_Create.aspx'

I have no idea why that path is incorrect. Please let me know if you need
more info.

--
Kenneth Grubb