Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > "The type has no constructors defined"?

"The type has no constructors defined"?

Dave

I'm trying to inherit from the following in my class, but I get:

The type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientAsyncResul t' has no
constructors defined

Not sure exactly what this means? Does it mean the class cannot be
inherited?. Dave.

Teemu Keiski

In a way yes, because it doesn't have public or protected constructor, only
an internal one- E.g it means that only Framework code itself can
instantiate this class. HttpSimpleClientProtocol class is one that
instantiates this type in BeginInvoke method.

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...