Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Folders sharing denied

Folders sharing denied

Gab

Hello everybody,

I have a new local network (a main desktop, a WiFi router attached to it
with an Internet modem, and a laptop with a WiFi PC Card). The connectivity
of the network is OK (everybody pings everybody), Internet is shared without
any problem, but my file sharing works only one way !

From the laptop (Windows/XP Home), I access to the folders and files which I
have declared shared on the desktop.

But from the desktop(Windows/XP Pro), impossible to access the folders
shared on the laptop.
The folders are in the Network Favorites, but if I click them, I get the
error message (I translate from French) : "GG_hp\Shareddocs is not
accessible. Maybe you have not the necessary permissions to use this network
ressource. Contact the administrator of this server to know if you do have
the access permission." The message includes also a strange extra :"Not
enough memory on the server to process this command".

I checked that the folders are indeed shared.
1) I executed the cacls command in DOS mode, the folder is declared
"Everybody : (OI)(CI) C" I think that "C" means Full Control.
2) I viewed the properties of the folder in Windows' safe mode, and, again
the only group mentionned is "Everybody" and the permissions are Mod, Read,
Exec, Write, in short quite enough.

Anybody knows where the problem could be ?

Gab

Doug Sherman [MVP]

Possible IrpStackSize issue - See:

Note - Norton AntiVirus is not a prerequiste for this error and recommended
fix.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"Gab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a new local network (a main desktop, a WiFi router attached to it
> with an Internet modem, and a laptop with a WiFi PC Card). The

connectivity
> of the network is OK (everybody pings everybody), Internet is shared

without
> any problem, but my file sharing works only one way !
>
> From the laptop (Windows/XP Home), I access to the folders and files which

> have declared shared on the desktop.
>
> But from the desktop(Windows/XP Pro), impossible to access the folders
> shared on the laptop.
> The folders are in the Network Favorites, but if I click them, I get the
> error message (I translate from French) : "GG_hp\Shareddocs is not
> accessible. Maybe you have not the necessary permissions to use this

network
> ressource. Contact the administrator of this server to know if you do have
> the access permission." The message includes also a strange extra :"Not
> enough memory on the server to process this command".
>
> I checked that the folders are indeed shared.
> 1) I executed the cacls command in DOS mode, the folder is declared
> "Everybody : (OI)(CI) C" I think that "C" means Full Control.
> 2) I viewed the properties of the folder in Windows' safe mode, and, again
> the only group mentionned is "Everybody" and the permissions are Mod,

Read,
> Exec, Write, in short quite enough.
>
> Anybody knows where the problem could be ?
>
> Gab

Gab

Doug Sherman,

Thank you, this recepee worked perfectly. It's a good thing I mentionned
this memory problem, I thought it was a fake message.

Gab

"Doug Sherman [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news: %(E-Mail Removed)...
> Possible IrpStackSize issue - See:

> Note - Norton AntiVirus is not a prerequiste for this error and
> recommended
> fix.
>
> Doug Sherman
> MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP
>
> "Gab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I have a new local network (a main desktop, a WiFi router attached to it
>> with an Internet modem, and a laptop with a WiFi PC Card). The

> connectivity
>> of the network is OK (everybody pings everybody), Internet is shared

> without
>> any problem, but my file sharing works only one way !
>>
>> From the laptop (Windows/XP Home), I access to the folders and files
>> which

>> have declared shared on the desktop.
>>
>> But from the desktop(Windows/XP Pro), impossible to access the folders
>> shared on the laptop.
>> The folders are in the Network Favorites, but if I click them, I get the
>> error message (I translate from French) : "GG_hp\Shareddocs is not
>> accessible. Maybe you have not the necessary permissions to use this

> network
>> ressource. Contact the administrator of this server to know if you do
>> have
>> the access permission." The message includes also a strange extra :"Not
>> enough memory on the server to process this command".
>>
>> I checked that the folders are indeed shared.
>> 1) I executed the cacls command in DOS mode, the folder is declared
>> "Everybody : (OI)(CI) C" I think that "C" means Full Control.
>> 2) I viewed the properties of the folder in Windows' safe mode, and,
>> again
>> the only group mentionned is "Everybody" and the permissions are Mod,

> Read,
>> Exec, Write, in short quite enough.
>>
>> Anybody knows where the problem could be ?
>>
>> Gab

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgaW4gT2FrbGFuZA==?=

I have a similar problem, but with a major difference. The error message I
get mentions nothing about memory. It reads:
"\\Desktop\shareddocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to
use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find
out if you have access permission. Access is denied."
I AM the adminstrator. This is a laptop running XP Home, and the desktop
also is running XP Home.
Interestingly, I created another folder with a different name, and have no
problem accessing that one!
Does anyone have any ideas as to why I'm locked out of one and not the
other? The sharing profiles are identical for the two.