Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > How to dynamically create updatepanel around an extended custom control?

How to dynamically create updatepanel around an extended custom control?

Risso.D@gmail.com

Has anyone done this or have an idea to go about it? I've been trying
many different ideas, but no luck so far. Basically add EnableAjax
property to a custom control. If this is true then add an updatepanel
around the control that is being created. Let say a gridview. I have
an extended custom gridview where I do all my overridesI I need with
OnInit, OnPreRender, etc. I know that I can't just add a new
updatepanel and change the grid's parent to it because you can't
change the control collection inside any of these events. has anyone
ever done this before or have an examples. Or even an idea where in a
controls life cycle this can be done.

Thanks,

Risso