Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Confused about Assembly naming with Namespace

Confused about Assembly naming with Namespace

Elmo Watson

OK - here's the situation - I want my namespace to be:
MyCompanyName.Controls

I want my custom web control to be called:
MyControl (myControl.dll, or MyCompanyName.Controls.MyControl.dll - whatever
is expected)

Then, when I declare it in the project, it will be like this:
Dim ctl as new MyCompanyName.Controls.MyControl

However, after putting:
MyControl
in the assembly name box of the Application Tab (MyProject)
and
MyCompanyName.Controls
in the Root Namespace textbox, the only way to get it in code is:
Dim ctl as new
MyCompanyName.Controls.MyCompanyName.Controls.MyCo ntrol.myControl

In my AssemblyInfo.vb, I see:
<Assembly: AssemblyTitle("MyControl")>
<Assembly: AssemblyDescription("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCompany("MyCompanyName")>
<Assembly: AssemblyProduct("MyControl")>

where am I going wrong?