Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Custom web controls

Custom web controls

Arne Garvander

In VS 2003 there was a template if custom web controls.
In VS 2005 that template is missing.
Where is the documentation for building custome web controls for .net 2.0?
--
Arne Garvander
(I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid.)

Teemu Keiski

Building controls in .NET 2.0 has not changed too much. There are a few new
base classes plus designer additions which help considerably writing
high-quality control designers.

What comes to VS2005 it just doesn't have separate web control library
project, now you just start a new class library project and add the needed
references and get going.

Documentation about the subject:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...hy(vs.80).aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

"Arne Garvander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In VS 2003 there was a template if custom web controls.
> In VS 2005 that template is missing.
> Where is the documentation for building custome web controls for .net 2.0?
> --
> Arne Garvander
> (I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid.)

Harold Demure

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Building controls in .NET 2.0 has not changed too much. There are a few
> new base classes plus designer additions which help considerably writing
> high-quality control designers.
>
> What comes to VS2005 it just doesn't have separate web control library
> project, now you just start a new class library project and add the needed
> references and get going.
>
> Documentation about the subject:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...hy(vs.80).aspx

the Web Control Library project option still exists in 2005 - just not where
you'd expect it to be. it's under New Project / C# (or VB) / Windows. why
it's there instead of under some Web related option i don't know.. maybe
because it creates a DLL??