Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Custom site map development (get structure from database table)

Custom site map development (get structure from database table)

Rastko Soskic

Hi everyone.

I need to develop site map control that will render <ul> and <li> tags with
<a>s to pages;
I have pages and their structure in table in db (pageId, pageTitle,
parentPageId) (pages are dynamically rendered)

What is the best way to translate such relational structure into hierarchy
(tree/xml) so I can create ui/li structure.

I've tried some recursive algorithms but no luck.

Anyone who has idea, tip, suggestion, sample? Thanks for help in advance!!!