Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > WebUserControl and data binding

WebUserControl and data binding

Kevin Fernandes

Hi all, sorry if this sort of thing has been asked and answered before
but I am scratching my head over this.

I have a WebUserControl with exposed public properties (that appear
correctly in the properties tab) but would like them to be "bindable"
when the control is used in something like a FormView through the
DataBindings dialog. Is this even possible?

I know I can manually write the binding code in the source view to do
this along with handling specific events but I have lots of UserControls
with many properties that would benefit greatly from being able to
bind them using the DataBindings dialog.

Any assistance or pointers would be appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Kevin