Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > User control not seen on code beside (behind) page

User control not seen on code beside (behind) page

petro

Can someone shed some light on how to get this user control to work?
I created a simple user control with several properties (I want to access
these properties server side on another web form (a web control consumer
page)). Then I drug the user control on to the web form where I wanted to
use it. In the design view I see the web control on the web form and I can
also access it's properties on the client side. But when I try to get to the
control from the code beside page (ie. UserControlConsumerPage.cs) I do not
see a reference to the control in intellisense. Here is my user control code
from the UserControl.ascx:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeFile="ContractInfo.ascx.cs" Inherits="ContractInfo" %>
Contact Information</td>
Contract #</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblContract" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>
Agency</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblAgency" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>
Program</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblProgram" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>
Report Quarter</td>
<asp:Label ID="lblReportQuarter" runat="server" Text="Label"
Width="378px"></asp:Label></td>

HERE IS the code from the UserControl.cs

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

public partial class ContractInfo : System.Web.UI.UserControl
{
{
if (!this.lblReportQuarter.Visible)
Response.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>var varRQ =
'';</script>");
}

public string Contract
{
get
{
return this.lblContract.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblContract.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);
}
}

public string Agency
{
get
{
return this.lblAgency.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblAgency.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);
}
}

public string Program
{
get
{
return this.lblProgram.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblProgram.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);
}
}

public string ReportQuarter
{
get
{
return this.lblReportQuarter.Text;
}
set
{
this.lblReportQuarter.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(value);
}
}

public Boolean ReportQuarterVisible
{
set
{
this.lblReportQuarter.Visible = value;
}
}

}

THIS IS the code from the UserControlConsumerPage.ascx that I want to use
the control:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/pmAgency/masAgency.master"
AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="wfNarrative.aspx.cs" Inherits="wfNarrative"
Title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register Src="../ContractInfo.ascx" TagName="ContractInfo"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
Runat="Server">

<aspanel ID="pnlNarr" runat="server" Height="459px" Width="801px"
style="z-index: 100; left: 152px; position: absolute; top: 67px"
BackColor="White">

<uc1:ContractInfo ID="ContractInfo1" runat="server" />

petro

I found the problem. It was not with the user control at all. I had copied
and pasted the page dcirective from one page to other pages and did not
change the codefile and inherits references. Once I fixed that the user
control worked as expected. Thanks for your reply.