Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Stopping client side event validation

Stopping client side event validation

paul.hester@gmail.com

Hi all,

I've been trying unsuccessfully to stop client side event validation.
I've created a simple page with a text box, a required field validator
and a server button with the following settings:

1. <pages enableEventValidation="false"> in web.config
2. EnableClientScript="false" in the required field validator.
3. EnableEventValidation="false" in the Page directive (which, I know,
is not necessary).

I can programmatically check the web.config setting and it is correctly
set to "false".

Whenever the validator is on the form, it generates all of the extra
javascript (the onclick for the button, and the __EVENTTARGET and
__EVENTARGUMENT hidden inputs).

Is there anything I'm missing here? I just want to have server-side
validation without the client script but there doesn't appear to be an
easy way to turn this off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul