Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > CausesValidation causes javaScript error

CausesValidation causes javaScript error

Don

I have a page with several controls on the page and all except one are
hidden. This page works like a wizard by hiding and showing controls
has the user clicks next. The control are hidden by setting
visible=false in the code-behind, so they are never rendered. My next
button validates the page and on some controls I get the JavaScript
error below:
Error: 'undefined' is null or not an object
Code: 0

The control that causes this error has another control on it that
sometimes has visible=false. This is the control that has the
validators on it. When this inner control has visible=true, and is
rendered, I don't get the java scrip error. When visible=false I get
the JavaScript error.

When the inner control is not rendered, and I get the error, my page
should not even have any validators on it. What could be causing this
error?

I can't 'view source' because the source is always the cached copy with
the first control visible.

Thanks,
Don

Don

If I make the problem control be the fist control I don't get the
problem.