Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: ASPNET Performance Problem : Pentium 3 is better than Pentium 4

Re: ASPNET Performance Problem : Pentium 3 is better than Pentium 4

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I'm unconvinced of these results. Please explain your test cases, control
cases and testing methodology.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
"arkam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to test and compare performances of Webservices / Assemblies
> and Remoting in dotnet using aspnet clients !
>
> I performed a lot of tests and there are the results : (less is
> better)
>
> Desktop Pentium 4 1.7GHz 512MB, Win 2000, IIS 5.5 : 4.5 seconds
> Server Pentium 4 2.0GHz 1GB , Win 2003, IIS 6.0 : 3.2 seconds
> Laptop Pentium 3 1.0GHz 512MB, Win 2000, IIS 5.5 : 2.8 seconds !!!
>
> Can someone explain me this ???
>
> Each PC was in our domain
> IIS config is the same
> The same user and profile was used to perform the tests
>
> Any ideas ?

arkam

I am very surprised too !!!

I used the testcases and methodology of :
http://www.ingorammer.com/Articles/R...ETWEBSERV.html

But I tested with my own program.

I can see some possibilities :
- IIS / ASPNET configuration (but I could not find any difference)
- Different Service Pack / patch level (which makes my Desktop/Server slower)
- Security / Authentication

But I do not know how to narrow down the source of the problem !

Arkam