Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Images to database

Images to database

Steve Peterson

Hi

I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of some articles
on how to get images into a SQL Server database. I have an ASP.NET app where
I need to let the users upload images to the server (that's no problem), but
then I need to get the uploaded image into a table in SQL Server. I then
need to know how to get the binary data out ot the table in SQL & write it
back to the disk as an image file.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to read up on this I would
really appreciate it

TIA
Steve

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's a couple good tutorials on the subject for you:
http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/20...200307so_f.asp
http://aspalliance.com/das/tutorial/fileupload.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Steve Peterson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:up%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of some articles
> on how to get images into a SQL Server database. I have an ASP.NET app

where
> I need to let the users upload images to the server (that's no problem),

but
> then I need to get the uploaded image into a table in SQL Server. I then
> need to know how to get the binary data out ot the table in SQL & write it
> back to the disk as an image file.
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction to read up on this I would
> really appreciate it
>
> TIA
> Steve

Steve Peterson

Thank you Steve for taking the time to reply.

However, the article you recommended:

http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/20...200307so_f.asp

requires a a log in ID at $39.95 for a subscription, which I'm not going to
fork over just to read one article (nice salesmanship try!)

the other:

http://aspalliance.com/das/tutorial/fileupload.aspx

is about how to upload files from the client to server, something I already
know how to do. What I need is know is how to get an image into SQL Server,
& how to get it back out...

Steve

news:(E-Mail Removed)...