Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Internet Connection Up and Down

Internet Connection Up and Down

Sharon Teper

I have a netgear wireless router and three different computers on it. It
works great in the morning but I have to keep on pressing hte repair icon to
get it to work in the afternoon and evening. During the down time, my
router is picking up a neighbor's connection. What can I do to resolve
this?

BobC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:45:22 -0400, Sharon Teper wrote:

> I have a netgear wireless router and three different computers on it. It
> works great in the morning but I have to keep on pressing hte repair icon to
> get it to work in the afternoon and evening. During the down time, my
> router is picking up a neighbor's connection. What can I do to resolve
> this?

Some options:
Change the channel. Select your wireless network as preferred and only
connect to the preferred network. In the wireless network list, move your
network to the top of the list.

And if you can connect to someone else's wireless network they can connect
to yours unless you take some security precations such as changing the
SSID, enabling WEP/WPA.