Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > extended DataList VS 2003 says 'the active schema does not support

extended DataList VS 2003 says 'the active schema does not support

asapjim

Hi, I have created a custom control for use in asp.net projects using vb.net
and visual studio 2003. The control is working, however, on the HTML pane of
the aspx page I am receiving red underlines on all of the template
declarations with the message:
the active schema does not support the element 'HeaderStyle'
The message applies to ItemTemplate, AlternatingItemStyle, etc.

My control Inherits from System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList and implements
IPostBackHandler.

Is there another interface I need to implement or method I need to override
in order to resolve this?

DWS

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9txe1d4x.aspx
Jim,
Seems like it would work.

You need to add a colletion property to your user control and load the list
manually. Sorry about the 2.0 link

Good Luck
DWS