Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowExcept

HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowExcept

Francis Reed

Hi

When running the example code for the FileSystemDataSource which in found in
the HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class documentation, I get a
System.StackOverflowException. Can someone please help me solve this problem?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...cecontrol.aspx

Thank in advance
Francis

DWS

Francis,
I've used that code as starting point for building a custom
hierarchiacaldatasourcecontrol. Can you give the group a little more
information on the error, like which line of code generated the error maybe.

Thanks
DWS

"Francis Reed" wrote:

> Hi
>
> When running the example code for the FileSystemDataSource which in found in
> the HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class documentation, I get a
> System.StackOverflowException. Can someone please help me solve this problem?
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...cecontrol.aspx
>
> Thank in advance
> Francis

Joey Chömpff

LS,

The following must make it but it isn't an elegant way.
I think there is an bug in designer.

FileSystemDataSourceView fsdsv = new FileSystemDataSourceView();
TreeView1.DataSource = fsdsv.Select();
TreeView1.DataBind();

Greetz,

Joey Chömpff

Francis Reed

Hi

Yes, I tried that too, and it did work. As you said, the other way of
dropping the controls in the designer doesn't work. I hope they fix it soon.

Cheers
Francis

"Joey Chömpff" wrote:

> LS,
>
> The following must make it but it isn't an elegant way.
> I think there is an bug in designer.
>
> FileSystemDataSourceView fsdsv = new FileSystemDataSourceView();
> TreeView1.DataSource = fsdsv.Select();
> TreeView1.DataBind();
>
> Greetz,
>
> Joey Chömpff

Joey Chömpff

That's strange and you have implemented it in the pageload?