Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Animated buttons control?

Animated buttons control?

Ben Fidge

Can anyone recommend any good controls to implement animated buttons. I want
something that can perform the following:

- Must initially display a static image
- When clicked the button must seamlessly display an animated GIF while
waiting for the postback to return

The idea is to provide some indication to the user that a process is running
between page postbacks. For example, at our sites checkout page, we have to
exchange data with one of our vendors machiens and this can take 30 seconds
or so sometimes. We want to provide a small progress bar style animation to
the user while it is happening.

Ben

Bruce Barker

unless you want to write an active/x control of java applet which can start
a background thread (the main ie thread is stalled during postback) to run
the animation, you should use a polling. google this newgroup for progress
bar suggestions, i believe there are some controls.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com(

"Ben Fidge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend any good controls to implement animated buttons. I
> want something that can perform the following:
>
> - Must initially display a static image
> - When clicked the button must seamlessly display an animated GIF while
> waiting for the postback to return
>
> The idea is to provide some indication to the user that a process is
> running between page postbacks. For example, at our sites checkout page,
> we have to exchange data with one of our vendors machiens and this can
> take 30 seconds or so sometimes. We want to provide a small progress bar
> style animation to the user while it is happening.
>
> Ben

Ben Fidge

Hi Bruce,

This isn't quite what I'm after. I actually use PleaseWaitButton
(http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/PleaseWaitButton.asp) but this is giving
me a lot of problems since going over to ASP.NET 2.0

Thanks for your response however.

Ben

news:e05fy$(E-Mail Removed)...