Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > A Memory leak in the dotnet UserControl ?

A Memory leak in the dotnet UserControl ?

Loic

A Memory leak in the dotnet UserControl ?

Hi All,
I’ve tried to use the following “Host Secure, Lightweight Client-Side
Controls in Microsoft Internet Explorer” sample (I’d like to use a C# User
Control for a project):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...2/01/userctrl/

Everything seams working fine (the control is displayed, localhost is fully
trusted, …), but using the Windows Task Manager, each time I’m reloading the
page using the IE refresh button, I can see the IE process size growing and
growing...To do the test, I haven’t tried uploading files.

I’ve also tried to use a UserControl in IE, referencing it by a GUID, but
I’m facing the same problem (I’d like to have a control tightly integrated in
the web page, with a display area, buttons…, like an ActiveX or an applet).

Something else: each time I’m launching IE, a large delay is necessary to
reload the control in the page. Even checking the msdn article “Runtime Probe
Causes a Delay…”.
But it didn’t help me. A more detailed sample would be a good thing. I don’t
have this delay if I reference the control using a GUID.

Any Idea?
Thanks for suggestions
Loïc

Environment:
Project modifications: Timer removed
Visual Studio 2003
..NET Framework V1.1.4322
Server: Tomcat 5.5
Client: IE6.0.xxx

Userctrl.html

<OBJECT id="upload1"
classid="bin/Upload.dll#TestCorp.ClientControls.MultiUploadCtrl "
width=800 height=300 style="font-size:12;">
<PARAM Name="FileUploadURL"
Value="http://localhost/ServerFileUpload/UploadFile.aspx">
<PARAM Name="MaxSessionUpload"
Value="10646">