Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Web User Control in general

Web User Control in general

Joachim Hofmann

Web User Control in general
Hello,

I am new to ASP.NET programming and I am reading and browsing example projects.
As far as I understand advantages of User Controls (ascx) are:
- HTML-Controls and Server Web Controls can be "packed up"
- Elements of the Control can be exchanged at runtime through the Placeholder
Control
1) Are there other advantages of User Controls compared with a set of
"standalone native" Controls?
2) In particular, when I am going to design a
site with several labels, buttons and grids, should I design it by HTML/Server
Web Controls, or should I build one or more User Controls?

Thank You

Joachim