Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > FormView Control

FormView Control

Bob Peek

I would like to insert some number of Form View Controls onto a single web
page in the code behind file. The number to be determined at run time. Is
this possible?

If so, Can I create a user control that incorporates a formview control, a
sqldatasource control and other controls and then insert some number of those
controls into a single web page.

Ultimately, I will need to change a parameter in the sqldatasource select
query to correctly populate the fields in the formView Control.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

I'd think you could utilize Repeater for that as it can repeat anything.
Just give the "virtual" data source to it (for example a dummy array having
the runtime-determined number of items) and databind it. In the ItemTemplate
you'd have what you'd want to repeat that n times. And yes, it could be a
user control just as well, in the ItemTemplate of a Repeater.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

news:(E-Mail Removed)...