Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Listing all types in a project/sollution

Listing all types in a project/sollution

shiretu

Hi,

I have problems listing all the types defined/imported by a project at
design time. Basically I want a StringConverter to show a combo box in
my control properties (a property with TypeConverter attribute) at
design time with all type names from the project containing the
control.

Is this possible?

Currently i enumerate all the assemblies loaded by the designer and
than all the types from each assembly enumerated. Depending on the
inheritance of the types, I put them in the combo. But I don't think
this is a good method because I relay on the assumption that all
project references are loaded into the AppDomain of the designer and
second of all, I MUST have a compiled version of the types I want to
enumerate. I've found some lines of code in other google groups:

EnvDTE._DTE dte = (EnvDTE._DTE)context.GetService(
typeof(EnvDTE._DTE));

Is something about enumerating the types that are not even compiled
(enumerate from sources in the project) but I didn't find any
documentation about it....

Tx