Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Making Custom Control Properties Visible in Visual Studio's Properties Palette

Making Custom Control Properties Visible in Visual Studio's Properties Palette

Nathan Sokalski

I am learning how to use the System.ComponentModel class in VB.NET so that I
can add my ASP.NET controls to Visual Studio .NET 2003. I have managed to
make my control properties visible in the Properties Palette when in Design
View by adding the following before each Property declaration:

<Bindable(False), Browsable(True), DefaultValue(60), Description("Specifies
the width of the area surrounding the thumbnail image")>

However, when in HTML view they are not visible in the Properties Palette
and Visual Studio does not display a dropdown list of available properties
when you start to type them as attributes. How can I make the properties
appear in the Property Palette regardless of which view I am in? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/