Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Newbie question...inheriting from Panel

Newbie question...inheriting from Panel

Colin Basterfield

Hi,

I have been creating custom controls in Delphi for years, but now am using
Vis Studio 2005 Beta 2 and want to 're-create' a set of controls that I had
in my 'previous life'.

There is a hierarchy of Panel controls, which is as follows:

Panel

abstract BasePanel
/*
abstract methods etc
*/

StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch

The reason for the abstract BasePanel is I hope, obvious in that it forces
the 'children' to implement certain method.

So I implemented all this and then tried to get StrSearch onto the ToolBox
but although it shows up in the .NET components when I open the assembly in
which it resides it doesn't make it to the ToolBox.

Any ideas anyone please?

many thanks in advance
Colin B

Colin Basterfield

OK, I've given myself a baptism by fire on User Controls and have re-written
the way my components work!

Cheers
Colin

"Colin Basterfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have been creating custom controls in Delphi for years, but now am using
> Vis Studio 2005 Beta 2 and want to 're-create' a set of controls that I
> had in my 'previous life'.
>
> There is a hierarchy of Panel controls, which is as follows:
>
> Panel
> |

> abstract BasePanel
> /*
> abstract methods etc
> */
> |

> StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch
>
> The reason for the abstract BasePanel is I hope, obvious in that it forces
> the 'children' to implement certain method.
>
> So I implemented all this and then tried to get StrSearch onto the ToolBox
> but although it shows up in the .NET components when I open the assembly
> in which it resides it doesn't make it to the ToolBox.
>
> Any ideas anyone please?
>
> many thanks in advance
> Colin B

Colin Basterfield

No rocket science I'm afraid, but I simply defined an interface to force
StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch into implementing the appropriate methods.

"Colin Basterfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have been creating custom controls in Delphi for years, but now am using
> Vis Studio 2005 Beta 2 and want to 're-create' a set of controls that I
> had in my 'previous life'.
>
> There is a hierarchy of Panel controls, which is as follows:
>
> Panel
> |

> abstract BasePanel
> /*
> abstract methods etc
> */
> |

> StrSearch, NumSearch & DateSearch
>
> The reason for the abstract BasePanel is I hope, obvious in that it forces
> the 'children' to implement certain method.
>
> So I implemented all this and then tried to get StrSearch onto the ToolBox
> but although it shows up in the .NET components when I open the assembly
> in which it resides it doesn't make it to the ToolBox.
>
> Any ideas anyone please?
>
> many thanks in advance
> Colin B

Why is there no "Java Control Panel" for J2EE v5upd14 ? Reinstall Java Control Panel possible? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 07-07-2009 08:38 AM
Swing, JTabbedPane/Panel/Panel JC Java 1 08-09-2006 09:44 PM
Delete a panel inside a panel (2) HS1 Java 4 12-08-2004 02:48 AM
Delete a panel inside a panel HS1 Java 3 12-07-2004 10:50 PM
Email From Forms with asp:panel.(s) Only one panel works? Harry ASP .Net 3 11-10-2003 03:13 AM

Advertisments