Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Adding to collection from controlDesigner only produces end tag for the collection.

Adding to collection from controlDesigner only produces end tag for the collection.

Don

I have a customDesigner that adds to a collection in my control. For
some reason on the closing tag is added to the HTML view.

My control is called queryBuilder and has a collection called
ColumnsList, which is of type ArrayList. For this example I'm just
adding button to the list instead of my custom colum control.

This is my code in the designer.
Dim pdc As PropertyDescriptorCollection
Dim pd As PropertyDescriptor

CType(Component, queryBuilder).columnsList.Add(New Button)

pdc = TypeDescriptor.GetProperties(GetType(queryBuilder) )
pd = pdc.Find("columnsList", True)

Me.RaiseComponentChanged(pd, "", New Button)

When this executes the button is added as well as the </COLUMNSLIST>
ending tag, but I do not get a start tag.

Thanks,
Don