Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Include images in an assembly.

Include images in an assembly.

Shark Bait

Right now I have a web control that serves as a header for all of our
intranet sites. The assembly in in the GAC but it has images (jpg) that are
located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile these images
into the assembly?

Thanks

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Compiling the images into the assembly is the easy part. (Mark them as
embedded resources in the property window.)
Getting them back out of the assembly and displaying them in a page is the
hard part.
You need a special page (or even better yet, an HTTP Module) that only
outputs the image(s).

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Shark Bait" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right now I have a web control that serves as a header for all of our
> intranet sites. The assembly in in the GAC but it has images (jpg) that
> are
> located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile these
> images
> into the assembly?
>
> Thanks

Shark Bait

What kind of terms would I do a search for? Do you know of any tutorials or
articles?

"Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" wrote:

> Compiling the images into the assembly is the easy part. (Mark them as
> embedded resources in the property window.)
> Getting them back out of the assembly and displaying them in a page is the
> hard part.
> You need a special page (or even better yet, an HTTP Module) that only
> outputs the image(s).
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://SteveOrr.net
>

> "Shark Bait" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Right now I have a web control that serves as a header for all of our
> > intranet sites. The assembly in in the GAC but it has images (jpg) that
> > are
> > located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile these
> > images
> > into the assembly?
> >
> > Thanks

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Yes, here's an example for you:
http://weblogs.asp.net/whaggard/arch...3/24/4250.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://SteveOrr.net

"Shark Bait" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What kind of terms would I do a search for? Do you know of any tutorials
> or
> articles?
>
> "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" wrote:
>
>> Compiling the images into the assembly is the easy part. (Mark them as
>> embedded resources in the property window.)
>> Getting them back out of the assembly and displaying them in a page is
>> the
>> hard part.
>> You need a special page (or even better yet, an HTTP Module) that only
>> outputs the image(s).
>>
>> --
>> I hope this helps,
>> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
>> http://SteveOrr.net
>>

>> "Shark Bait" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Right now I have a web control that serves as a header for all of our
>> > intranet sites. The assembly in in the GAC but it has images (jpg) that
>> > are
>> > located in a directory on the server. Is there a way to compile these
>> > images
>> > into the assembly?
>> >
>> > Thanks

lisa@starways.net

However, that requires you to include the special page, which doesn't
really save you anything, unless you have a lot of graphics embedded.

Here's a way to do it that may or may not work for you. It works for
me, and I don't need any external files.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7c5772fa97da69

Lisa