Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Custom Attributes (AttributeTargets.Property) and Property Type

Custom Attributes (AttributeTargets.Property) and Property Type

Zarko Gajic

Hi

I've create a custom attribute class "MyAttribute" with
[AttributeUsage(AttributeTargets.Property)]

Is there a way to get the type of the property myAttribute is applied to?

I need to raise an exception if "MyAttribute" is attached to a non-string
type of property, for example. In other words I have to make sure
MyAttribute does not only targets properties but also string properties.

~Zarko Gajic