Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > How to reference Word/Excel without using Visual Studio project

How to reference Word/Excel without using Visual Studio project

Whoever

To create Excel file, you can Add Reference Visual Studio.NET, browse to ...
and then select Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, etc. It endsup some
reference to GUID in project file. You can then import namespace and create
Excel file etc.

Is it possible to do this in one aspx page without using VS project and code
behind? Thanks

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

why is this multi-posted to the entire world?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ http://tinyurl.com/27cok

"Whoever" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To create Excel file, you can Add Reference Visual Studio.NET, browse to
> and then select Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, etc. It endsup some
> reference to GUID in project file. You can then import namespace and
> create
> Excel file etc.
>
> Is it possible to do this in one aspx page without using VS project and
> code
> behind? Thanks

RiteshDotNet

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="HeaderTag" TagName="HeaderBanner" Src="header.ascx" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %>
<%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %>
<script src="clsBroadcast.vb" runat="server"></script>

By writing this in ur aspx page and codebehind u can write in .vb file
with the help of this u dont required VS ID

"Alvin Bruney [MVP]" wrote:

> why is this multi-posted to the entire world?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]
>
> [Shameless Author plug]
> Now Available @ http://tinyurl.com/27cok
>

> "Whoever" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > To create Excel file, you can Add Reference Visual Studio.NET, browse to
> > and then select Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, etc. It endsup some
> > reference to GUID in project file. You can then import namespace and
> > create
> > Excel file etc.
> >
> > Is it possible to do this in one aspx page without using VS project and
> > code
> > behind? Thanks

Beginner

I import SqlClient namespace all the time, but how do I reference to Word
and Excel? The "using Excel; //= Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel;" in code
behind page requires some reference in project file. But I want them all in
one ASPX page. How do I do that? Thanks

<Reference
Name = "Office"
Guid = "{2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52}"
VersionMajor = "2"
VersionMinor = "1"
Lcid = "0"
WrapperTool = "tlbimp"
/>
<Reference
Name = "Excel"
Guid = "{00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"
VersionMajor = "1"
VersionMinor = "3"
Lcid = "0"
WrapperTool = "tlbimp"
/>
<Reference
Name = "Microsoft.Office.Core"
Guid = "{2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52}"
VersionMajor = "2"
VersionMinor = "3"
Lcid = "0"
WrapperTool = "primary"
/>

Sorry for the multiposting. I thought it won't hurt in news group like in
message board, since one reply will take care of them all.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...