Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Control ID

Control ID

Zürcher See

Is it possible to reset the counter of the automatic id generator of the
ControlCollection?
When I add a Control to a new ControlCollection it recive the id "ctl1", if
the ControlCollection is cleared, the automatic counter won't be reset and
the next added control recive the id "ctl2".

Kannan.V [MCSD.net]

hi,

any reason as to why u need to reset the counter,
You can assign an ID to the control at design time.
Dont implement the inaming container interface to prevent prefixing the
controls with "ctlxxx".

regds,
Kannan.V