Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Designer class missing

Designer class missing

Troy

I am missing the System.Web.Ui.Designer class from intellisense. When I
debug it the IDE also indicates that it is missing. I'm referencing it in
this statement: Editor(GetType(System.Web.UI.Design.ImageUrlEditor ),
GetType(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor)

Any ideas why I'm missing this or how to obtain it?
Thanks.

John Saunders

"Troy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am missing the System.Web.Ui.Designer class from intellisense. When I
> debug it the IDE also indicates that it is missing. I'm referencing it in
> this statement: Editor(GetType(System.Web.UI.Design.ImageUrlEditor ),
> GetType(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor)
>
> Any ideas why I'm missing this or how to obtain it?

Are you referencing the assembly this class is a part of?

John Saunders

Waynes-world

Hi,

I'm having the same problem - I'm trying to reference System.Web.UI.Design,
but all I can get is:
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls and
System.Web.UI.WebControls

I'm on VS2003 (C#) on Win2k server (fully sp'd). My colleague is running on
XP (same install of VS.NET) and he gets the option of System.Web.UI.Design

Any ideas would be appreciated as I need to implement a UrlEditor within my
composite control.

"John Saunders" wrote:

> "Troy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am missing the System.Web.Ui.Designer class from intellisense. When I
> > debug it the IDE also indicates that it is missing. I'm referencing it in
> > this statement: Editor(GetType(System.Web.UI.Design.ImageUrlEditor ),
> > GetType(System.Drawing.Design.UITypeEditor)
> >
> > Any ideas why I'm missing this or how to obtain it?

> Are you referencing the assembly this class is a part of?
>
> John Saunders

Gary K

Greetings & Salutations,

This one is a simple one (but only with hindsite, it still took me a while
to work it out)

You need to add a reference in your project to the "System.Design.dll" file.
Simply select "Add Reference" from the "Project" menu (if you are using
VS.NET IDE) and on the ".NET" tab look for the "System.Design.dll" file and
select it.

This also adds other Design namespaces to your project.