Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Syntax reference for ASP.NET

Syntax reference for ASP.NET

Nathan Sokalski

I am looking for an online reference that shows the following:

Syntax for ASP.NET using VB.NET and ADO.NET

I want a reference of the syntax of any methods, functions, and/or
properties but not any tutorials. If tutorials are on the site, that is OK
as long as they are in a completely separate area from the syntax of the
methods, functions, and/or properties. I know this sounds picky, but if I
have to search through tutorials to find the help I need I find myself using
more time than it is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
www.nathansokalski.com

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

The quick way is to do a search for what you're after and add the word Class
to the search:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...anagedDocs.asp

news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for an online reference that shows the following:
>
> Syntax for ASP.NET using VB.NET and ADO.NET
>
> I want a reference of the syntax of any methods, functions, and/or
> properties but not any tutorials. If tutorials are on the site, that is OK
> as long as they are in a completely separate area from the syntax of the
> methods, functions, and/or properties. I know this sounds picky, but if I
> have to search through tutorials to find the help I need I find myself
> using more time than it is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> www.nathansokalski.com

Jason Brown [MSFT]

the .NET SDK documentation includes a full reference, which is easy to
search. You get it when you install the framework. Is that what you're
after?

--
Jason Brown
Microsoft GTSC, IIS

rights.

news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for an online reference that shows the following:
>
> Syntax for ASP.NET using VB.NET and ADO.NET
>
> I want a reference of the syntax of any methods, functions, and/or
> properties but not any tutorials. If tutorials are on the site, that is OK
> as long as they are in a completely separate area from the syntax of the
> methods, functions, and/or properties. I know this sounds picky, but if I
> have to search through tutorials to find the help I need I find myself
> using more time than it is worth. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)
> www.nathansokalski.com

Mujtaba Syed

news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for an online reference that shows the following:
>
> Syntax for ASP.NET using VB.NET and ADO.NET

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/

You can also install these quickstarts on your localhost (refer the .NET
SDK).

Mujtaba.

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

I agree with Jason. The SDK docs are really good. When .Net first came
out, I just started from the beginning and read the docs. They were very
informative and straight-forward. The tool that is installed with them
makes searching really easy too.

--
Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo