Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > I need to run a vb.net or aspx.net file every 10 seconds.

I need to run a vb.net or aspx.net file every 10 seconds.

Steve Jacobs

Hi,

I need to run a vb.net or aspx.net file every 10 seconds. The Task Scheduler
in Windows 2003 Server can only do it every 1 minute at the minimum, but I
need it every 10 seconds. Is it possible to write a small program in VB.NET
that would run in the background without using much resources, and request a
vb.net or aspx file every 10 seconds? Could you show me how to write such
code? or give me good directions?

Thank you.
Steve.

Eugenio Serrano

IMHO, run a aspx every 10 seconds is a bad idea...
I think you need write a Windows Service.

Though, you can use this....

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="10">

--
Saludos,
Eugenio Serrano

news:(E-Mail Removed)...